although in the USA it's the young raver types that I see drinking red bull, the drink originates in Austria, and in neighboring Hungary it's the old men standing outside the medicinal baths that i see drinking red bull. i've been told that *they* believe it's made from bull testicles, and drink it to increase their virility. and the package does say it's made with "taurine" -- what else would that be? oh, ok, just an amino acid.
Here's a excellent urban-legend-smashing page dealing with the bull testicles and other favorite rumors about governments banning red bull for containing Glucuronolactone.
431.   What is meant when someone says that something was "Steved?"
430.   How can I migrate my encrypted gpassman files to ascii?   [jake/2006-05-20]
409.   What is a nice tip for automating updates on debian systems?   [jake/2004-03-30]
402.   What is Rape Juice?   [jake/2004-01-28]
399.   What are some common methods of radio-based navigation?   [overcode/2004-01-03]
398.   How can I fix dhclient in debian stable with the 2.6 kernel?   [leif/2003-12-20]
366.   What is a really good german street map website?   [jake/2003-07-10]
362.   How do I make Internet Explorer download more than 2 files at a time?   [matt/2003-06-17] ( strick/2003-06-21 )
323.   what does a tftp boot error "too many packages" mean?   [jesse/2002-09-05]
321.   what is jesse's first rule of backpacking?   [jesse/2002-08-13]
309.   What does the YAK do about SPAM?   [strick/2002-02-26]
261.   Which companies belong to the DVD Copy Control Association (DVD CCA) as of 08-2001?   [rupe/2001-08-03]
239.   What's the Grubstake?   [rupe/2001-06-05]
211.   Who are strick's net.gods?   [strick/2001-04-08] ( rupe/2001-05-22 rupe/2001-05-22 )
201.   Where are Mir, the Shuttle, and the ISS right now?   [rupe/2001-03-22]
151.   How can I tell ICANN to screw off?   [fury/2000-12-09]
84.   How do I send mail from a Python script?   [rupe/2000-05-10]
69.   What is the origin of The Yak?   [strick/2000-02-28]
29.   Where can I find out about the DVD hack?   [strick/2000-02-06]
24.   Why is the ocean blue?   [simon/2000-01-20]
16.   Where are the SF Bay Area Cypherpunk physical meetings?   [strick/2001-04-08]
1.   From whom did The Yak borrow the idea of Frequently Questioned Answers?   [strick/2000-01-19]