How to register and send money with PayPal
- Follow this link:
- Click the button which says "Sign Up Now"
- Enter your information. Make sure that you choose a password
that is a combination of words to ensure that it can't be guessed
by a hacker (often a good idea is to pick a couple of words and
place a number, such as a birthdate or street address in between).
I suggest clicking "no" to Premium Account for now. You also need
- PayPal will send you an email.
- Open the email and click on the link.
- Enter the password you chose in Step 3 and click Continue.
- Click the tab "Send Money" at the top.
- Enter "
email@example.com" as Recipient's Email.
83.00" as the Amount (actually, you'll want to enter the amount you need to pay. All tournament entries by credit card require a $3 surcharge).
Leave Recipient's last name field empty.
2001 MLK Entry" as Email Subject (actually, you'll want to enter the name of the tourney).
your name in the Note
- A Screen will appear asking for your credit card information.
Your address will need to match the address on your credit card
- I think after this step you get one more check to make sure
you're sending the money to the right person. Click the
"Send Money" box.
That's it! $78 (first-time signups get $5 back) will be billed to your credit card. You can now
use PayPal for transferring money between people (here at work,
we often use it to settle splitting lunch bills). You can read
through the information on the website to find out how to link
PayPal to your checking account, so that you can transfer positive
balances back into your bank.